Nick Adema Group - Sunday, August 21, 2022 @ 8:30pm
Nick Adema Group!
PERFORMANCE TICKET INFORMATION: (Please Read Carefully)
- There are no physical/digital tickets. After purchasing tickets, your name will be added to our guest list. Please bring ID on the night of the performance that matches the name on the order confirmation.
- The earliest your party can be seated is 7:45PM. If you arrive earlier than this, you may be required to wait until your table is ready, and/or pay (full or partial) cover for the 5:30pm show.
- Presale tickets are available until 8PM the day of the performance, we recommend booking as early as possible to guarantee the best seats.
- On the night of the show, unsold presale tickets are made available at the door on a first-come first-served basis.
- Parties larger than 6 may be split between multiple tables depending on availability. These seats may be divided by an aisle.
- If your party purchased tickets through multiple transactions (including different names) please contact us as soon as possible to ensure that you are seated together.
- All orders that include an INDIVIDUAL / SINGLE (1) ticket in ANY section (excluding FRONT SINGLE SECTION) may be seated next to other patrons.
PARTIES LARGER THAN SIX:
- We cannot accommodate parties larger than 6 in the FRONT SECTION. We accept larger parties: your group will be in the same section but it will be split between multiple tables across the venue (depending on availability). These seats may also be divided by an aisle and/or plexiglass. We recommend calling us if you have questions about seating.
- Middle & Back Sections can usually accommodate larger parties based on availability. We cannot guarantee that all your guests will be at the same table.
- Purchase of ticket(s) ensures we will hold your reserved table throughout the entirety of the first set (8:30-9:30 pm).
- If your party has not arrived and we have not been contacted directly (by phone or email) by the end of the first set, you will forfeit your specific seats. In this case, we reserve the right to seat incoming patrons at that 'reserved' table.
-Your party will be sat at the first open table AFTER your arrival if, and when, it becomes available.
Front Section - Closest to stage, best sight-lines. MAX GROUP SIZE 6 PEOPLE.
Front Single Section - Excellent sight-lines, clear view right in front of the stage. Tall bar stool seats, countertop table on the right side. Seats CANNOT be joined with other Exclusively for parties of 1 person.
Bar Section - Good views of stage, Tall / Bar Tables & Seating Only
Upper Back Section - Furthest from stage but slightly elevated providing decent view and acoustics (some seats partially obstructed view).
BOOTH SEATING - Each booth seats up to 4 people. (1 ticket = entire booth).
All Sales are Final - No Refunds [Excluding scheduled performances that are cancelled]
HEALTH and CLUB PROTOCOLS:
We will be maintaining protocols and procedures to help keep our venue safe and comfortable for all patrons.
-If you are experiencing cold symptoms or have recently been in close contact with someone with cold symptoms or someone who has recently tested positive for Covid, you will not be permitted entry.
-All guests must be seated except while walking to their seats or restrooms.
- Since we are primarily a concert venue, socializing, talking across tables, and making excessive noise during the performances is strongly discouraged. We request that all patrons converse during the show intermissions to avoid disturbing other guests.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
NICK ADEMA 4
Nick Adema - Trombone
David Hodgson - Saxophones
Jonathan Chapman - Bass
Ethan Ardelli - Drums
Exploring the plurality of sonic environments is Nick Adema’s forte. Using the modest nature of the slide to express his musical vigour, Nick is one of the most versatile trombonists coming out of Canada. Hailing from the nation's capital Ottawa, Nick quickly came onto the scene as a curious mind who embraced spontaneity and playfulness in his music.
Inspired by his mother, Nicholas used the Covid-19 pandemic as an opportunity to create a full length album demiLAN (released October 22nd 2021), in which he shows off his broad creativity as a writer, and creates a masterful performance alongside several flourishing/up-and-coming musicians. This body of work features a three horn lineup, vocals , and a full rhythm section. The band tackles compositions that are experimental, modern and energetic in nature. As a result, this ensemble captures an energetic, brave and thoughtful performance that is one of a kind.
Nick obtained his undergraduate degree in jazz performance at the University of Toronto. While attending this school, Nick had the honors of receiving the Albert & Wilhelmine Francis Renewable Scholarship (UofT Faculty full scholarship). While at the Toronto school, he filled the lead trombone chair in the University of Toronto Jazz Orchestra, and the Bass trombone chair in the University of Toronto 12tet. While at the school, they recorded a full length album with the UTJO entitled Embargo.
Growing up in Ottawa, Nick started to find his musical voice by playing with youth groups such as the Nepean All-City Jazz Band, the Ottawa Youth Orchestra, the Conn Selmer Big Band, and the Capital Youth Jazz Orchestra. Nick’s several projects in Ottawa stretched from composing and arranging Big Band charts, creating his own performance opportunities, helping to coordinate an entire alumni concert for the Nepean All-City Jazz band and much more. Nick performs regularly with many professional Ottawa bands such as the Prime Rib Big Band, the Bank Street Bon Bons, and the Ottawa Jazz Orchestra. Nick has also taken part in the Ottawa Youth Jazz Summit, which brought together some of Canada’s brightest young jazz musicians in a ten day intensive. This resulted in the group playing the main stage of the Ottawa Jazz Festival. In April 2019, Nick released his debut EP album recording, entitled “Nick Adema: Starting Point”.
Nick has had the opportunity to gain instruction from Micheal Dease, Marshall Gilkes, Nils Wolgram, Mark Ferguson, WIlliam Carn, and has been able to perform on the same stage with Tim Hagans, Renee Rosnes, Kris Davis and Andrew Rathbun in various academic engagements.